I am Nicole Osborne, founder of Lollipop Social. I am a Chartered Marketer, personal brand and social media coach.
With nearly 20 years’ experience of working with business leaders, I have successfully delivered marketing strategies for the Financial Times, Mighty Social and leading membership organisations: the Institute of Directors and Association of Colleges.
Ever the passionate and energetic marketer, I built up a corporate career to be proud of but when I became a mum, I decided that a full-time job at director level wasn’t offering me the right work/life balance, took voluntary redundancy and enrolled on the award-winning Digital Mums social media training programme.
I launched Lollipop Social to help businesses sweeten up their marketing and social media with better results. I work with small businesses and entrepreneurs in London as their personal brand and social media coach or marketing consultant. Want to get to know me better? Watch my vlog: Wunderbar The Marketing Efficiency Show.
I have featured as a:
- Events speaker: KickStartSocial,Cambridge Social Media day, Digital Women and Agency Transformation Live
- Guest on these Twitter chats: #TwitterSmarter, #ContentWritingChat, #MNCHour and soon #SocialROI
- Guest on various marketing and social media podcasts
- Finalist for the Best Social Media Freelancer category at the Social Media Marketing Awards
A bit more about Me…why the name Lollipop Social?
It’s a long story… I came to England more than 20 years ago as an au pair to improve my language skills. I learned very quickly that English Sunday roasts are nearly as tasty as German Braten and that here a cup of tea makes everything better.
Very early on in my stay I met my now-husband and decided to make London my home. Fifteen years of marriage, many exotic holidays and a toddler later, the idea of Lollipop Social was born.
Lollipops are my secret weapon. They’re fun, the sugar gives you energy and they always cheer up my son, whether it’s at the hairdressers or during a long wait at the airport.
Having a fun and energetic marketing expert as part of your extended senior team might just be the secret weapon your business needs to take its growth to the next level? Contact me for a chat.
Where did my passion for all things business and marketing come from?
I grew up in former Eastern Germany. When the Wall came down in 1989, both my parents lost their jobs. Ever the resourceful entrepreneurs, they set up their own businesses to tap into the emerging commercial opportunities.
Here are three of my favourite anecdotes about growing up in Eastern Germany:
- My parents ordered a Trabant the month I was born. Why you might wonder? The supply and demand chain for this popular car was completely out of sync, so this was the only way to get ahead of the waiting game and ensure I would be able to own a Trabant when I turned 18.
- I cannot help being a bit of a David Hasselhoff fan. Growing up in former Eastern Germany meant that exotic cars and holidays were completely out of reach. His hit ‘Looking for Freedom’ truly resonated with many Germans who risked their lives and marched on the streets to call for a united Germany. I am so proud of my mum who was part of the local citizen movement in the town where I grew up.
- If the wall hadn’t come down, I would have become either a teacher or translator. My (slightly) extrovert nature and love of communicating with people was spotted early and, if the German Democratic Republic had continued, those would have been my only career options. Who is the lucky one now?
Looking back, these anecdotes feel like an alternative universe – but how brilliant to have been there when history happened.
Want to chat more about life behind the Iron Curtain? Or, if you just want a talented marketer to sweeten up your marketing then get in touch.
What do my clients say?
Desmond Moreira, Creative Director, Rynew Property Management:
“Nicole joined Rynew Property Management as part of her Digital Mums Training. Her social media campaign for Rynew smashed all KPIs. Following the training, we continued to work together to pursue Rynew’s Growth Marketing Strategy.
Nicole has provided valuable insights into our business and injected real energy and impetus to our marketing strategy. Whilst Nicole focused on our social media marketing on Facebook & Twitter, she also provided strategic consultancy and support with our overall marketing efforts.
We found Nicole’s approach open and honest, full of energy and charisma. It was a pleasure to work alongside Nicole and we hope to work again with her as our business develops and grows”.
Justin Smith, Founder Educational App Store:
“Nicole developed an engaging social media strategy for the Educational App Store. She quickly got under the skin of the business and our target audience. We welcomed her well-researched strategy and fresh ideas.
Nicole’s content strategy was spot on. This was reflected in the increase in engagement with our Twitter and Facebook communities, some notable interactions with key influencers and the positive feedback we received from our peers once the campaign was in full swings.
Nicole also identified some digital and content marketing ‘quick-wins’ for our business. We would highly recommend her to any growing business. Nicole’s approach is very professional and she is fun to work with: a great combination in a marketer of German logic and heaps of expertise and people skills”.
Stephanie Rosilio, Executive Coach
Nicole is a dynamic, motivating marketing and personal brand mentor who will kick-start you into action, breaking down the ‘must do’ steps into doable chunks – highly recommended.